Saturday, September 11, 2010

Some things are just SO unfair!

I had my best friend over today. She is 20 weeks pregnant. I have known her for the last 10 years, we worked together when she was in high school (that's how we met), we had a baby 5 months apart, I was in her wedding party (along with all of my kids...imagine that...lol), and now going through this second pregnancy with her!

She had an ultrasound last weekend for gender determination. I joined her for that for our girls weekend away. We found out the gender together. Daddy doesn't want to know, so I won't divolge the information. The tech asked her if she could be off on her dates. She hadn't had a diagnostic U/S yet. The tech also said that she had lots of fluid. We as CDH parents know that when there is extra fluid that there is a chance that there can be something wrong. We went upon our day.

Well yesterday she went for her diagnostic U/S. She said that it took forever because baby wouldn't sit still. They got their pictures, and went home on their way.

Today she is visiting and gets a phone call from the dr's office. They need to see her immediatly! My heart sank! I think that he's did too. She's been there throughout all four of my pregnancies.

I told Gary that I was going with her. He said fine! Even with leaving him with five kids under six! He handled it amazingly!

We walked in. And sat. and sat. and sat....cause we all know Dr's office's. The Dr came in and said..."it's not good news". My heart dropped. I myself have heard those words, and know exactly how she's feeling. The baby is actually twins...conjoined...at the chest...one heart....not looking like a healthy heart. But really, this is a smaller hospital with older equipment. She is being refered to Women's hospital immediatly for a level two U/S. The dr also said that he feels that she needs to be prepared to make a decision. And the impression that I get is that it is of that to terminate.

I am soooo angry!! How can this be happening to my best friend! She and no one should have to EVER be told to make a decision.

I just really hope that I will know how to support this family through this in a positive way. I just pray that Women's will be able to give her HOPE!

I will update as she gets news. Please pray for her, her husband, her 2 year old little boy, and her unborn babies.

4 comments:

  1. OMG....how horrible! I get chills and my stomach drops at the thought of anyone hearing those words! I will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers during this extremely difficult time!
    Hugs to all of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to imagine what she is feeling, my heart aches for her, this is a situation that very few people ever have to go through so I don't think there are many who could ever relate or feel her pain! I hope for the best for the family whatever that may be, I hope that they will hold each other tight through their decision in all of this and that they will keep strong for each other! God Bless them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo Bobbi i'm sorry she's dealing with such challenging news. I truly hope that Children's provides uplifting news and your friend has no decision to be made. That was one thing I was so thankful for is that I never had to make a decision....As for yourself hoping you know how to support this family...your already doing it. Just through your own experiences you will know/remember what you craved or needed. For myself it was unconditional support, someone to listen to me rant, talk, or cry. Someone to repeat the same thing over and over to without being judged. From reading your blog I think she is very fortunate that she has you...especially at this challenging time. Kuddos to your family for being so supportive to another at a time like this. Sorry life is so complicated for her. ((HUGS)) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bobbi, I will pray for her and her babies, and family.

    ReplyDelete