Friday, March 27, 2009

Just another day for the Taylor's

Well, I picked Dude up from the vet to take him to another hospital to care for him as the first one closes at 8am. He seemed much perkier!
Joe was quite concerned that he was sick!
Then off to Children's for a follow-up visit for Kristen with the surgeon. Nothing major, he just likes to see her every 6 mths. He says he always likes to see his little miracle girl. Now of course that always gets me thinking....was it really that bad. Or did I just have the hope that I didn't see it! Well regardless she's still with us.
So afterwards we met Lori, another CDH mom who's pregnant, for lunch. What a fabulous woman. She's made it to 38 weeks!!! With tonnes of extra fluid. They drained some yesterday, and now today she's 'sprung a leak' so after lunch she was admitting herself. And another CDH journey will begin. I pray that her little girl does wonderfully!
As Lori and I parted ways, I heard my name! Well there stands a girl, now teen, that I used to babysit when she was Courtney's age!!! Wow does time fly!!!

So we went home. I also called to follow up with the renal clinic on Kristen's test results, and there is kidney damage that may be needed to followed, and she may need med's. We'll find out in a few months on how to treat her, to keep her kidney's at the level of functioning that they are at now! So glad that I agreed to do the study. Without doing it, we would have never known until there was a problem!

I am so exhausted after being at the vet so late last nite, and my long day at Children's that I must go to bed so early!

And tomorrow....swimming lessons....lol

1 comment:

  1. Praying that the kidney's condition is not too serious :)

    ReplyDelete