Friday, March 27, 2009

Dude Cat

So we went to go to bed tonite, and Gary hopped into his side. He jumped back out and said it's wet. Well there was a puddle of pee in our bed. NICE!! So we stripped the bed, cleaned it, and as we discussed who did it! Well it couldn't have been Joe because his underware were dry. It couldn't have been Hailey because she went straight out this morning. Gary thought maybe him...lol!! Then I remembered Dude was crying this morning. I hadn't seen much of him either. I layed there for a bit longer and couldn't hear him coming and going like he does at night. So I got up 10:20pm at that, and checked on him. He was laying on the couch. So I went to pet him. Usually he gets into it, and purrs. Not tonite....so I rubbed down his back and sides with a light pressure, and he moaned. And he felt funny, like his skin had no elastic to it! So I went upstairs and called him shaking his treats. No Dude. 3 minutes later he showed up so I poured him some milk. Wouldn't drink it. So to the phone book I went looking for a late vet. Found one! 15 minutes from here.

Got there, they said yep he's sick with a fever of 39.9. So came back to me with an estimate for blood work....$400.00!!!! Ok, he's my other kid....do it....

Well he's septic jaundiced. He's eaten something, bird, mouse, etc. That has gotten him soooo sick...IV fluids, IV anitbiotics....overnite stay...another estimate, bringing it to $750.00!!!!

And I have to pick him up tomorrow morning, take him to another hospital because they close at 8am!!! Yikes, more bills!

But on the way home, I'm glad that I did this, because I started crying thinking about losing my Dude Cat! They said that with fluids, and med's he should start to eat tomorrow, and when he does, he can come home!

Now to try to sleep!!! Ya right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment