Saturday, August 22, 2009

We welcome Kenneth Alan Taylor




So my little guy just couldn't hang on!!! On Thursday morning, I lost my plug, and my hard labour began at 11:30am. I still wasn't even sure that it was true labour, as I've been having regular braxton hick's since 20 weeks that were 3-5 minutes apart.




So I called Gary at 11:15, called Taisha to come and watch the kids and by 11:30 I had Jolene on her way as well and was on the phone with 911 knowing that I wouldn't be able to drive myself. Very quickly did everything happen. My neighbor saw the ambulance and came rushing over. I passed her on the stairs and said people are on their way to watch the kids, send Gary to Langley, and I hopped on the stretcher and away we went. I had the urge to push on the way but held out until we were on the mat ward in Langley.




Just as they were going to move me from the stretcher to the bed, I pushed! And opps, there went all my water! Everywhere. And then the contractions stopped. No more pressure on the uterus until it shank down again. They checked me, and said I feel cord. I knew immediatly that ment C-section. Gary came in got into scrubs, and they took me to the OR.




At 1:38 PM, August 20, 2009, weighing in at 4 lbs 11oz Kenneth Alan Taylor made his debut! He was born at 32 weeks and 4 days. So he's going to spend sometime at the hospital...but with our history of kids...hey he's not doing to badly. Joe spent 19 days, Kristen 3 months, Courtney 6 days....so we're used to this.




I do want him home though, and I can't wait until that happens. We like to do things big around here....lol!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so tiny, so handsome! Sounds like all of your little ones like to make GRAND entrances!
    Here's hoping for a short NICU stay!
    Congratulations...wishing you all the best!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Bobbi!!!! I'm praying for your family and am wishing that you guys can go home soon. Congratulations and he sure is cute!!!
    Chanda....shame you weren't here in Utah with me

    ReplyDelete