Thursday, August 6, 2009

Not too much exciting around here!

It's sure been nice not having all of the running around that we usually do during the school year. It's even nicer, because being as big as my tummy is growing would have made that a lot harder. Joe is doing well. We just got his speech and language assessment finished, and I'm so proud of him! When we started a year and a half ago, his speech and language was at a 12 mth - 18 mth level. Well 18 mths later, he's at a 3 -3.5 year old level! In only 18 mths! He has worked so hard! I'm so proud of him, and can't wait to see how well he continues to do.

Kristen has also made some expressive language gains. She's starting to point, with intent, and make vocalizations when appropriate for no. And she's also retaining a couple of signs. She points at peoples feet now, and signs shoes! She pointed at my pop and then me, and then yelled at me with intent that she wanted some! She's copying counting 1-3!! And signing it too! I can't wait for Sept to start when she gets more school and that focus started!

And Courtney! Well she's just a typical little kid! And so outgoing! It's so different for me to watch. I smile and kinda wonder what Kristen and Joe would have been like if they didn't have their challenges when they were little like her. I don't love them any less, but sometimes get sad when I think at how much harder they have had to work to get to where they are. Courtney has a expressive language of about 15-20 words, and she also uses about 5 signs. Simply amazing to me!

I wonder what this next little fella is going to be like. We've been calling him Shawn for right now. I'm pretty sure that that will be his name, but of course we may meet him and decide that that just doesn't work for him. He's an active little fella. And gets more active when I eat. Just like his Daddy, and momma...lol

I'm now 30 weeks and am starting to get nervous to make it to 32 weeks, and then 34 weeks. I'll be more comfy at 34 weeks if he decides that he's had enough in there. I'd prefer 36 weeks, as I'd like to know what it is like to leave the hospital at the same time as my baby. I do know that he would survive right now, but there would be the typical preemie complications. I'd just like to avoid that. I'd like to be given a break here and there once in awhile...and please don't think that that comment was feeling sorry for myself. I would never change my kids or my life for anything in the world. But sometimes it can be hard. And that's just he truth. I guess that there is more going on around here than I orignially figured!

No comments:

Post a Comment