Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Joe got hecked on!

Today at soccer my parents came to watch Joe play. He doesn't always stay with the whole hour that they do, and sometimes just sits there to watch. Well today he ran down a path off of the park. One of the coaches went running after him, as did my mom. And then I got up. He was already clear down the path into the neighboring cal-de-sac. The coach was telling him to stop, and so was my mom. And he just looked back and laughed! Until I called him "Joseph Brent Taylor Get Back Here NOW!!" The whole park must have looked at me! At that point I just didn't care. I was more concerned that what if there was a car in that area driving and had hit him! He had tears in his eyes as he came back to see me. I told him what he did was dangerous. We took him in the car and left. Daddy told him that he was going straight to bed. I don't think that he's ever been so sad in his life. I feel bad, but at the same time it was scary to think that he could have been seriously hurt. We have never had him bolt like this on ANYONE!!! I don't feel the least bit concerned that the other parents were looking at me. People already do! I have the 'autistic kid' (even thought PDD-NOS isn't autistic, it's just on the same spectrum) and the 'deaf kid' and the baby with another on the way. Like we always say, walk a mile in someone else's shoes and see how you are then.

Sorry, but I feel sad inside because I had to give my kid sh!t in public, and made him cry. And he went to bed crying. I don't like to do this, but what more can we as parents do??

No comments:

Post a Comment