Friday, May 29, 2009

After a very trying week!

My week started out, well it started!

We have PALS every Monday and Tuesday morning. Joe didn't have his ABA this monday, so he joins us. WELL, I pick up a little boy on Monday's after dropping off Joe. I didn't drop Joe off this week, and proceeded to FORGET the kid! I felt so bad! I had the hearing center call his house and let his dad know that I was coming to get him. I couldn't let him miss this monday, Ronald McDonald was coming to open up the new backyard that they had helped to build!
I seemed to have booked an OT appointment as well at an odd time. NOON! Why I would do that I have no idea! I would have never made it back in time to meet her. So I cancelled and took the little boy out with us for lunch after PALS.

After I dropped off the little guy, and came home, while driving, I noticed grinding with my breaks. How could that be?? I never heard the sensor noise,or let alone, I'm not a heavy braker. I called up my friend and asked her to have her husband to call me. I took in the van to Twsn (40 minute drive) and he looked at it. His face said it all! He felt so bad. The news was bleak. My caliper's had seized, and left my breaks on all of the time. I had no idea. I unloaded the kids, called Gary and let him know not to go home without us. I walked for a good 50 minutes, and he came to pick us up.

Now what do I do without a car??!! It's my life!!! To get places!!! I had called the hearing center to cancel the feild trip that we were supposed to be going on on Tues morning. The Albion Ferry! I was disappointed, until a little bird called me and asked me if she could pick us up in the morning! It was the mom of the little boy whom I get on mondays. Such a blessing! I understand that it's easier for me to get one person, than for one person to pick up me and my gaggle of three kids. We had a good time. Dropped Joe off a pre-school, and waited for Gary and an employee to drive me back my van. Joe had to miss Soccer this nite, but hey what do you do!!??

Wed we had Kristen's assessment process started for the ASD (autism spectrum disorder). That was a full morning in Vancouver.

Thursday, I was checking my online banking getting ready to deposit our check's for the mortgage to come out on the 27th, Fri. Yah, well the 27th isn't Fri, it was Wed, and it was the 28th!! My gosh, mush brain!!!!!!

And on top of all of this, we are getting ready to take the tent trailer out for the first trip of the year, and I had to load it, pack, and organize. My week was just a mess.

We are about to leave now....I think that I've gotten everything....but I'm afraid to go off of what I think at this point! I may be wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment