Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why is it so hard for me to keep up on updating?

I haven't quite figured out why it's so hard for me to keep up on updating this blog anymore. There are so many times I mean to do it, but I end up getting side tracked and forgetting!!! Anyways, here's the latest...I had an appointment with Bio-chemical Disease control for Kenny. Now I have had to yet be in this portion of the hospital. so this was new to me. So they took a full history of our family, essencially like a genetic counselor. They even wanted to know about any issues that the first cousin's may have had. They did an exam of Kenny, and sent him for blood work and urine. Now what they're saying is that there 'could' be a potential for a metabolic issue with him. What does this mean? Well it could be nothing, it could be an untreatable metabolic disorder, or it could be a treatable disorder! Now I don't want to get my hopes up too high that it's the last option. We have accepted who Kenny is and don't want to have to grieve the fact of who he will be in the future again! But it was very interesting! I think that the issue was the fact that his cysts on his brain are actually symetrical. Which for a brain injury is strange. But we will wait and see...well actually we will wait quite awhile...lol...3-4 months!!! Oh well, only in the name of medicine and the fact that there could be something else wrong with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment