Thursday, June 10, 2010

Follow-up visits

Kristen got to have a follow-up visit with her surgeon who did her repair surgery today. And he is so pleased that we don't need to see him for another year! He said because he CDH is right handed that the liver can sometimes really help to keep the patch and stuff in place. Now I know he mean's well, but I have heard of it still happening. But to know that we have passed the first three years without any problems, we are so lucky and blessed.

We also had a follow up with Kenny's neurosurgeon, and a head ultrasound. So the verdict is in. We will be doing something about it. His ventricles in his brain are still dialating and getting bigger, so we must operate. I'm not too happy about it, but I do know that it's the best thing for my little guy. I just really wish that he could truley get a break though! So we wait for the MRI and then we go from there. My guess is that in the next month we will have the surgery done.

I think that because of all that has happened with my kids that I have really become so hard, and cold to everything. I wanted to cry, but couldn't! I do know that it's beyond my control and I think that maybe that's why?! i don't know....but here we go again, the rollercoaster of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment