Thursday, April 1, 2010

April fools day!

I'd like to start by letting my husband know a very happy birthday to you today. We had a great birthday dinner of Burger King and whopper's...lol.

On another note, the Dr's office called today to let me know the head ultrasound results were back for Kenny. I always know when a Dr call's you at home it's NEVER good news. And of coure, again not good news. Both of Kenny's ventricles in his brain are a bit dialated compared to his last head ultrasound. What does this mean. Well it could be a sign of hydrocephlas. This means that his brain isn't draining the spinal fluid off properly and it's potentially causing pressure on his brain. If it's not monitored or followed closely, there can be deadly reproctions. How do the fix it, well they put in a VP shunt. An artificial valve that helps to drain the fluid down a tube that ends in the abdomen. The fluid is then just absorbed by the body. I wish that there wasn't so much bad news with Kenny, and we could just enjoy the baby stage.

On a really happy note, his med's have been making him not spasam as much, and we actually have a happy Kenny over here! We can put him down on the floor and he's actually happy!! It's quite amazing! It's like we have a happy 3 month old baby on our hands. So that's great! He's even seeing better lately! It's been so great to smile at him and have him smile back! And for him to be cooing and gooing!! I pray that the dialated ventricles heal, and begin to work properly. I pray that I don't have to go to the next type of medication for his infantile spasams (it's injectable). I pray that he continues to be on the developmental up swing that he's on right now. i pray that I can really enjoy him as a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment