Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finally, not bad news

We had our follow-up EEG for Kenny today to see if the anti-seizure medication is working or not. The neurologist was please with the effects. He wasn't seizuring nearly like he was. And developmentaly he's a different child. So the plan...keep doing what we're doing! No injectable steroid! YAY!

Then we were sent up to neurosurgery. They were reviewing the films of his head ultrasound two weeks ago. Kenny has a big head, and the ventricles in his brain look like they may be dialating. The thought...it may be the PVL and his brain not growing 'normally' so it's replacing the empty space with fluid, or it could be hyrdrocephalus. So the plan, wait three weeks and repeat the U/S. I just have to hope and pray that there are no changes between now and then and that it's not something that we have to VP shunt.

Joe had a performance today with his Kindergarden class. He had his first school bus ride to the Performaning place and got to do a dance with his class. I was very sad that I had to miss this, but Daddy went to watch. I will get to see it at an assembly later this month. So I'm not too disappointed, well I am, but oh well. I know that there is going to be many days where I have to make these decisions and can't make it to everything!

1 comment:

  1. such good news. realized I called Joe "Joel" today by accident...sorry - a little preoccupied!
    -Kim (on my mom's computer while visiting Ashley tonight)

    ReplyDelete