Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Joe's follow-up hearing test

I took Joe in for a follow-up hearing test. His hearing is fine, this is just to check that he knows what to do with the sound. So I told him before we left that we're going to get his hearing checked. Not Kristen's. This is different for him, when it's something the same as her, but for him. So we walk through the door of the audiologist, and he starts tugging at his ear saying it hurts. The audiologist asks me how long he's been complaining that his ear hurt. I said just as we came through the door, and I smiled! Joe then tugs his ear again, and says it hurts, and he needs a hearing aid! LOL!! The audiologist looks at me, and I then point to Kristen and told him that his sister is deaf, and apparently Joe want's an aid too! I don't think that the audiologist thought it was as funny as I did. Because the look on his face told me he didn't have the best sense of humour. So Joe went in, and did fantastic! His hearing is fine, but we knew that from his ABR last year. Kristen's hearing loss isn't genetic, it's from her rough course at birth, so I don't worry about the other kids too much. We still get them tested, no different than getting their eyes tested, or the dentist. It's still important. I just thought that it was funny that big brother wanted to be the same as his little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment