Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What do they do?

The Neurosurgeon is stumped. He said that he's not too sure what to do. So we hoe'd and hummed over do we shunt, do we wait, do we ETV, do we VP shunt. There is a new found issue now though. There is a small hemorage at the front of his brain. Now if we shunt, this could potentially make is worse. Is the bleed from the higher pressures. Probably. Oh dear, just what to do for this poor child. It was decided that we do need to interveen. So we will try the ETV and see what happens. So then he proceeds to tell me to come in on Friday. Ok no problem. Then he says, go to the ER and tell them that you need to see me! I'm like Ok, i can look like a weirdo. But I guess it's the only way to have an OR ready and available.

So Friday we go!

1 comment:

  1. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for the doctors and your precious baby.

    ReplyDelete