Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kenny's Pediatrician Appointment

Kenny had his regular monthly Dr's appointment yesterday. Somethings made me feel better. I told him how I've come to the conclusion that he's going to be in a wheel chair and how I'm upset that neurology hasn't followed up with us etc. And so he has put in a request for an EEG, which I can't say is unreasonable. He said that he could be tightening his hands etc due to the reflux as well. He said his legs and stuff don't seem tight, so that really put me at ease. But of course time will still tell. His weight is now at 13lbs 6oz, so he's growing. He's 61cm longs, sorry I haven't converted that yet...lol. His reflux is still terrible, and we can't go up any more on his meds, but you would think with all of the past experience that I've had with reflux that I would have thickened it by now! Duh!! So I started that last nite, and he's not screaming as badly through his feeds anymore. So hopefully that will help. Now his eyes. Well we know he's not tracking things. We do know he's seeing something, just not too sure what. He likes to watch hockey, but what kid wouldn't??!! Big white screen with little dark figures going around. So we do see his eye dr next month so we'll get more answers then. We also have a neonatology follow-up clinic next month for his six month assessment. We'll get a real picture of where he's at then. I just hope that they don't say..."oh he's doing so well if you correct his age!!" But hey, that's the way the dr's roll. So now I think that my heart rate and blood pressure can drop for now back to a normal level...lol. For the moment anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment