Friday, October 2, 2009

He's due in 9 days

Kenny is due in 9 days and he's still in the hospital. They did the EEG yesterday and we're still awaiting the results. I'm going to meet with the dr tonite when I go into visit to see what the plan is. I don't want to take him home if he's not ready, but I need to know what's going on. He went 2.5 days without a Brady, and then yesterday just after I laid him down to sleep, Yep, you guessed it he had one! I just feel like there are so many unanswered questions. And I just feel like I'm at my wits end sometimes. I'm positive and ready to move forth in his therapy when he comes home. The initial blow has now seemed to have passed, and I just want to be done with the NICU, and start our lives together as a big family. Kenny just turned 6 weeks old yesterday, and I had no idea that this is the way the rollercoaster was going to ride.

I feel like when I'm in a group of people with kids, that I'm now the mom that's like..."oh ya my kid has that" "yep feeding issues, been there too" "developmental delay's, ya that too"!! It's a bit of a joke, like I'm trying to make things up for my kids to have and the actual fact is that they DO have it!!! There are at times som many things running through my head that while I'm just having a normal conversation with people, the thoughts are louder than the conversation. I hope that they will get quieter, and things will settle out, and that I can create a sense of normalcy in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment