Monday, April 20, 2009

She jumps on the trampoline!

We bought a trampoline last summer. My goal was for Kristen to use it for gross motor skills, Ok, I just really wanted one too...lol. Well, I tried putting her in it, and man, it was like shoving a cat in a bag! Not gonna happen! She has/had so many sensory issues that new experiences are quite difficult at times. I took her on it with me last year, and just had her sit on my lap. And she would scream! and yell, and cry! This year, Joe and Daddy were kicking the soccer ball on it together and she kinda showed interest in climbing up the step stool to get in. So he took her in. And she LOVES it!!! She runs around the outter edges and kicks and throws the ball, and bounces on her feet on it! I'm so happy, because the thing wasn't cheap either...lol!!

She suprizes me more and more everyday, with how she's changing into a more 'normal' child. People may think that it's weird to say that, but I'm ok with it. My children aren't typical, or normal. So when they do 'normal' like things I celebrate the small accomplishments that they do do!

Oh ya, she also climbed the tubes at McD's today too! Not much to everyone else, but HUGE to us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment