Thursday, March 10, 2011

Muscle Biopsy

I had a call about two weeks ago from Biochemical Disease control, letting me know that they want to do a muscle biopsy on Kenny. The hitch is that the OR time can be anywhere from 5-8 months to get a date. Well, I just stated about 3 times...lol...that she needed to physically write on his paper work, that I want to be on a cancellation list. And to put it in BIG BOLD letters. And told her that if she didn't they won't call me to do it!! Well, they called today. He has an appointment on the last day of this month! And to get those results from that test can be another 3-6 mths. Thank goodness I'm able to get him in quicker. Who know's what and if they end up finding anything at the end of all of this testing. She says sometimes it's just a mystery. The neurologist isn't convinced that based off of his brain MRI's that it's metabolic, but something genetic. So really who know's. At the end of the day, his damage is done, and he's still my little Kenny. And he will still always have challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment