Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Dr has said the word

CP! Yep, Cerebral Palsy. I knew that it was coming. It's harder to actually hear it though. Kenny is showing definate signs that is leading the Neonatologist in the direction that she feels that she can say that he has it. The reports that will be sent out will say that he has it. This will help to speed up the referal process' due to now having more of a diagonis. It still hurts. I am optimistic, but real. No mother wants to EVER hear that something that is wrong with her child. I guess that I'm becoming numb to it because it seems that all of my kids have "something" wrong with them...minus Courtney...so far that is. Who know's, maybe she'll be my ADD child just so I can say "oh ya, one of my kids has that". I guess I fear that sometimes people will think that I'm joking when I say "ya one of my kids has this and the other has that" That people may think that it's an attention thing, or an out right lie! It's not, and I know that, and that's all that matter's to me right now. As far as to what degree of CP that Kenny will exibit is all relitive to each individual child. And how they learn and how they are intervened. No one will be able to say, he won't walk, or crawl, or move his hands in functional manner's until he's a bit older. It truely makes it hard to enjoy the baby stage because you want them to grow up so quickly so you can see what the challenge will equate to! It is a diagnosis. It doesn't change who Kenny was this morning to this afternoon after the "label" was given. He's still my baby. I love him with all of my heart. I will shed tears for him and what he has to work through. I may have to just be strong for now until he's older, and then I can be weak then when he's independant. I am greatful that I have my children. All of them. I would NEVER trade them in for anyone else's child or anything in the world. I would never have done anything differently. I pray that his Visual Impairment appointment goes well on Monday. I'm really at this point not too optimistic. I think that I'm preparing myself for the worst with that. I don't know why, I think that I just feel that way in my heart. I just think that this household has been given almost every challenge out there that needs to be. We have great friends around us that are sooo supportive. We have great early intervetionists that have been great to throw things our way to support all of my kids. We have great family member's that are always there for us! Without these people and their kind thought's, words, and prayer's we wouldn't be as strong as we are. All of these people have loving hand's helping in the success of my children. They are all truley blessings and I can never EVER repay them the appreciation that they deserve...well I could if I won the lottery...lol!

3 comments:

  1. I pray for Kenny often, miracles happen daily and kids surprise the heck out of us sometimes with proving doctors wrong! I don't know what the future holds for him, but I do know that no matter what I will always be here to support him and you and the whole family through it all and no matter what he will always be my baby boy, I will love him for whoever he becomes! God is good, he will provide, he does answer prayer, not always on our time, but on his time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bobbi...to say this is unfair to Kenny and your family is an understatement. To say that Kenny has the best possible chance to thrive and overcome so much because of who his family is also an understatement. I remember people saying that we lived a parents' worst nightmare because of W's start in life with CDH. Whenever I hear it I know it is not true because we left the hospital with our baby and I think of all the parents with angels. I also think of all the moms like you that left with your babies, but with challenges ahead that would change your lives forever. Your love for your kids is so obvious and whenever I see pics of them I am reminded of what is possible when a parent gives unconditional love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bobbi I am so sorry to hear that! I have been thinking about you alot... Your in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete