Thursday, April 21, 2011

BioChemical Says....

We met with the Dr yesterday. She said it could be another 4 weeks for the muscle results to come back. They have basically ruled out almost every type of metabolic disorder that we can at this point. Our blood work showed that Gary had the same broken chromosome as Kenny, but because Gary doesn't have the same things wrong with him, it can't be genetic to that specific gene. At the end of all of this we may find that we won't find anything. But at least we have investigated. And I have exhausted all options. We will still do a genetic testing on the family after this is all complete. Just to see if there is a link between the kids and all that is challenged with them. Not that it changes anything, but it is just information. Or it may change course of treatment. I feel like I'm just a medical journal here sometimes. People's eyes start to glaze over when I have gone through our list, and the medical terms. But I'm glad to know that at least I can educate myself on my kids to the extent that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment