Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Gift


I was given the most amazing gift from my best friend yesterday. I was given the opportunity to watch the miracle of life being born. It was truly an amazing experience. Isobella was born at 4:17am. After her poor mommy was in labour for 24 hours...to the minute! She was 6lbs 2oz. The amazing thing was the nurse was having my friend try to push a bit before the dr was called. And there was the head. Second push, and the head was half out. I just told the nurse, let me know what you want me to do? She said here, put a pad over the half born head, and said hold. Ok, no problem. I held, looked at my friend, and knew, baby wasn't waiting. She delivered the rest of the head into my hand. Now some may think this is all weird or gross. But it is the miracle of life, and when in the postion you don't look at things the same way. I was just in awe. At the end of it all, her little girl is just the perfect of perfect babies! And to see daddy's face when he heard it was a girl. You can NEVER duplicate that! Thank-you so much to my best friend. Although she may as well be family!

No comments:

Post a Comment